Sunday 15 April 2012

Tell Him...

Its 12:15pm and I am at a complete road block in my essay. suddenly, true to its nature, my itunes throws a JAM my way.. Not a jam.. But a JAAAMM..Lauryn Hill’s “Tell Him”

... And the words..Lord the WORDS... (sigh) 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgDtNM4Sg8
You see, I love it when words to songs burst to life as they touch my ears...when I start to listen with my spiritual ears.
So as I sang along in that out-of-tune way my poor sister hates so much...I began to feel the urge worship my God. So I picked up my pen and just started writing. I wrote down the words of the song and allowed each word to become my prayer...




“TELL HIM ... Let me be Patient, Let me be kind,Make me unselfish..
without being blind,
though I may suffer,
I’ll envy it it not
and endure what comes
cause He is all that I got
I gotta tell him 
...And tell Him I NEED Him,tell him I LOVE him and it will be alright...
Now I may have faith
to make mountains fall,
but if I lack love..
then I have nothing at all.
I can give away,EVERYTHING I posses
but if I am without love then I have no happiness.
I know I am imperfect 
and not without sin but now that I am older all childish things behind me...
I’ll be too jealous, No. I wont be too proud,
because love is not boastful, No. love is not loud,
tell him I need him tell him I love him,
everything is going to be alright.


...You see, call me slow... But it was only after I got to the end of the song that I suddenly realised I had just written out ...1 Chorintians 13... (yes people am talking about the Bible)..Lauryn Hill, (bless her soul), wrote a song from one of the most beautiful chapters in the Bible.


So I rushed to my blog ..because I needed to shout and tell somebody.. “Holy Holy Holy God’s Word (like God himself) is ALIVE...and there is nowhere you can go,absolutely NO situation in your life where it will cease to be True, Relevant and ready to Heal you” 


So“Tell him”... 


... "TELL  Him" friend...

1 comment:

  1. I love Lauryn and that song but you just opened my spiritual ears to it and now I love it even more...... WHOOoP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete