Wednesday 8 December 2010

Decisions!! Decisions!!..Boys and Girls...








I love Boys, yes I love them all, the tall the not so tall, the slim the chubby, the skinny jeans wearing type the orange, the green and the yellow. Yes I like them ALL. I mean in my life thus far I have had a spectrum of guy friends and dated a rainbow. Like I said I like them allllll... I mean apart from being a firm admirer of God’s handiwork in making such beautiful creations, there is also the fact that guys are just so uncomplicated. What they say is what they mean. This is very much unlike the female species... If a girl tells you they are not ready for a relationship they are most likely saying they want you to BEG. In general everything boils down to the need to be begged. I mean a guy will tell his best friend, ‘dude listen, remember that girl you dated a while back? well yeah I tapped that man’ if he is in a good mood he might even throw in a ‘I’m sorry’. Next thing you hear is laughter and perhaps a complete breakdown of what constituted tapping, the next thing you know its a full on competition on who tapped whose the most. If that was a conversation between girls... Well...It would be something like this ‘OH NO YOU DINT’ next thing you know there are earrings being taken off, weaves being pulled out and heals being used as weapons, not a pretty site I tell you. It will forever be a war. With the female specimen, a grudge like this is generally taken to the grave, but with guys it’s just a platform for healthy competition. Like I said, with guys things are a whole lot simpler. No petty jealousy, no double standard remarks, no betrayals that last a lifetime...NADA...just good old unserious fun.





Okay so back to the point of this.. I have a problem in making decisions. There I said it..I am that person at a restaurant that is ALWAYS the last one to order (I’m sorry friends and family I love you too). I could literally sit there for hours trying to decide what I wanted to eat.. ‘consulting my taste buds’ I call it.. I mean I hate the feeling of missing out. I do not want to find out that I ordered the wrong thing, or even worse that someone else has ordered what I would have preferred to have. So linking the two together, my love for the Hims of this world and my inability to decide, yes you can see where this is going, I don’t know how to decide to jump into relationships. When it comes to the crunch time, The moment whether or not to launch and pledge myself into a he and she item I am absolutely USELESS. Coming face to face with whatever version of ‘I like you and I want us to date’ I am confronted with I cringe in my own skin. I want the ground to open and swallow me, my pallet goes dry my knees go weak for all the wrong reasons and I PANIC. I know that this is an ‘it’ moment. A moment that calls for quick decision.. AAAaaaahhhhh..

Without the help of an educated being, who will seriously overprice me, to find out the problem, I have to find out what the hell is wrong with me all on my lonesome. So I ask myself is it fear. Is that the reason I freak out? Fear of commitment, fear of the looming doom and gloom if it ends badly, fear that this may be the wrong choice.Fear of breaking someone else's heart when cause you just don't want the same things they do anymore. We all like to think we are fearless, like we are up for anything. That we can’t wait for the opportunity to give our hearts to that other person and trust them with it, to feel loved and all the warm fuzzy feelings that come with it. But the truth is most of the time we’re not fearless. We’re not the reincarnation of Braveheart. We’re fragile, we’re vulnerable and we just don’t want our hearts broken. Of course we would NEVER admit it, but the fact of the matter is that relationships are NOT full proof, some end and some end BADLY. Those of us that have suffered a broken heart know that getting up once is hard enough, so twice might just be a funeral.

Well am not really a roll over cause am afraid kinda person, I love karaoke and I have a bad voice.. Bring on the fear. So perhaps its other things that don’t really have a name. Like having super high, unrealistic expectations or secretly knowing you actually want someone else but can’t bother to wait. Perhaps its watching way too much Grey’s anatomy or listening to way too much Chris Brown and thinking those imaginary people exist somewhere out there for us. Perhaps its taking the baggage from a particularly bad situation or relationship in your life and unpacking it right in the middle or just before the start of a new relationship. I don’t know, there are just too many possibilities right....Too many ways to be messed up.


Or maybe I don’t have a problem, maybe high expectations are better than no expectations. Maybe its okay to wait when you know what you’re waiting for will be worth it in the end. Maybe the people with the problem are those people that go around liking and asking out everyone they 'connect' with because in reality they are afraid to be alone. Maybe its okay to be afraid because with fear comes caution and with caution comes a decision you’re actually proud of. Maybe, just maybe one day the decision won’t be hard to make. My knees will go weak for all the right reasons. I won’t have to decide. I won't have to think about it, or calculate or find excuses, or feel guilty or be afraid. I’ll know. I’ll know to say yes with a smile. I’ll know this is it for me and I won’t mind that I didn’t have to go through 60 people to find out. It won’t be difficult cause it really doesn't have to be. It will be effortless.. . A record breaker in my book of decisions.



Sometimes I know, then I don't know
Sometimes I want, then don't want
Sometimes I need, then I don't need
Sometimes I feel then don't feel
crave, and then suddenly don't crave
Sometimes I see, and then I don't see

Sometimes I love and then.....then....

Then????

Wait! what kind of sick line would "then I don't love" be

No!....What I mean to say is...
Sometimes I love then forget to love,
don't want to love,
don't feel like loving,
don't crave love,
don't need love,
don't even see love,
But never don't love......
No!

Because no matter what, I still love.
Yes, I love when it hurts, when it stings and when it burns,
I love when its stupid to love and even when i'm not loved back
I love when I shouldn't and when I thought I couldn't
Quite simply I love, and I love....and I love some more....
Because I can...

What better emotion is there than that which we cannot define
but yet only feel??
Even For God so loved...
Yes, because even for God so loved that he GAVE his only son.

So I will continue to love ....... and thank God for the privilege of loving,
For not many can.
So to you all I say ..
don't be afraid or ashamed to love
No.

So...

.. to you..


...ALL....


...I say...




I Love You :)

19 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! U're a genius nuff said...its official the pisces is the most creative and entertaining person on this planet. TBH, was just telling bigger sibling that the man who finally breaks the gates to your heart....is a HERO!...our HERO!!..super HERO!! Super-duper HERO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thank you praying mantis..and the gates to my heart have already been breached numerous times, not by superheroes but by ordinary brave guys, guys who have seen the challenge and loved it. Guys that haven't won it over through elaborate words or gifts, just good old PERSISTENCE, never giving up kinda guys cause ultimately thats my type =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. ''Maybe its okay to wait when you know what you’re waiting for will be worth it in the end. Maybe the people with the problem are those people that go around liking and asking out everyone they 'connect' with because in reality they are afraid to be alone. Maybe its okay to be afraid because with fear comes caution and with caution comes a decision you’re actually proud of''-
    THANK YOU Thank you for making me feel normal, I thought there was something wrong with me...LIKE SEriously.

    Indeed sometime soon I will finally not bE afraid TO LOVE..love you**

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps some of your best work i dare SAy???it is all very very true and its just such a dilemma be alone and wait or just keep on taking the risk..hmm well anyway its a fear o rejection like you alluded to...and i beg to differ on teh biys being uncomplicated!!!thats all they are is complicated you talked about the boy to boy conversation and the girl to girl what about the boy to girl??
    Granted some girls will wear the pants in the relationship so they are a differnt case but you tell a guy you were with his friend he might not say anything to the friend but he will say something to you or atleast show it! atleast the girl willcome out and sound needy and bla bla but they have aired it out!you KNOW whats bothering them!they guy will keep it bottled up go to the gym from dusk till dawn punch a wall and make you suffer!
    i think they are complicated and then they tell us that we shoudl lower our expectations??Honey you have expectations too!!
    A guy will want you to be as cool as his best friend have a beer laugh at his friends crude insensitive jokes um NO! okay they are not funny and that is the point i am NOT your best friend!i will never have an ass like Minaj and a face like Kim Kardashian and some of us DONT WANT TO HAVE SEX after a few months so CHILL! so you work with what you gat!
    i think they are really complex!and they have high expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lynette i know this world makes us feel like if we're not ready in the present time then there is something wrong.. hell no.. whats wrong is forcing someone to settle just because you did.. not gonna happen. no one knows someone else'e heart let alone their own. usually we have a stack of our own problems and yet we still want to tell others what is wrong with them and what they should do..hell naawww!! one day you will love someone because God gave you way too much love to keep it all to yourself.

    Anonymous i get your point and i sure as hell respect it on account of guys being complicated. Everyone has their own prospective on the complexities of the opposite sex so i was just offering mine. i love what you said
    'A guy will want you to be as cool as his best friend have a beer laugh at his friends crude insensitive jokes um NO! okay they are not funny and that is the point i am NOT your best friend!i will never have an ass like Minaj and a face like Kim Kardashian'
    preach!! but trust me guys are just every bit as insecure, they don't have a bod like trey songs or a face like T.I.. but thats okay. i just hope we can all stop manifesting our insecurities by making others compensate for our own short comings. no one is perfect but when we love we make imperfections perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keeps it anonymous.. but I must say that this is a timely piece of work.
    Right now... at this moment, I needed to see this because right now, for who I love, there is no point in loving them..
    but guess what, I still do. I LOVE. I don't even want to, I shouldn't, it would be foolish to, its irrational and I will probably end up looking foolish. But I LOVE.
    Strange thing, this love thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i swear i thot i was the only person that thot like such, so totally indecisive then quick to change my mind. hehehehe, ths is too funny, but so true, i cracked up coz it felt like u were describin me. "I love and then, then, then??????""" and yes i think we are all guilty of no wanting to say yes coz we really want that other person. SMH!!! hmmm so wut do we do jus play around till the other person comes around, idk confused anyways lovin this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this song though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWftSexaM_Y

    ReplyDelete
  9. @JJReed personally i do not want to spend my life waiting for someone to 'come around'. Firstly i am not the patient type and secondly it has taken me a while to really figure out what i really deserve and it sure isn't someone that can't even see whats right in front of them. someone that can't see how special and Unique God made me. I'm made for someone that looks at me and KNOWS its only me, they don't need help realising it or need to 'wait and see'. call me a romantic but am not budging. He is out there cause if he wasn't God wouldn't have put this love in my heart to want to one day feel that way about someone myself..

    But then again if you're not with that somebody else cause you're too chicken to let them know how you feel about them or do anything about it then that is a different story... perhaps a chapter from the books of the fearless people of this world might be more helpful. life is short, you only get one shot..i've noticed that for me such situations generally end with regret..i'm not a fan!!
    @foolish in love...its k to be foolishly in love but i hope that someone is also foolishly in love with you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, talk about being honest with yourself yo, nice. I haven't heard such truth in a while, well, not since I asked myself the same thing. Somehow I always change my mind from one thing to the next. Under pressure it gets worse, it takes a snap of a finger for my mind to go through several alternatives and make a final decision, that decision like the one before might only last a heart beat.
    The weather which changes noticeably in 4 seasons (with the exception of crazy days in the weather pattern), people are able to go through an infinite number of changes in a day! just ask yourself, "How reliable are you?".
    Now let's look at another angle of ourselves. Let's look at commitment, let's say you decided that your favorite food is roasted village chicken, and you will buy chicken for the rest of your life! your teeth would fall off from being weak and tired of having the same thing, no matter how many trips you take to the dentist or even brush your teeth with colgate n watsoever. Scary if you ask me, we need a variety, to stay sane. Ok maybe that was a little drastic, but you get the point. I guess it's human nature, we love different things every now and then and when we have several things in front of us we tend to either be greedy or keep changing our minds on what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yet another great piece....you do love tugging at out raw emotions don't you!? I think an important part of the loving 'concept' or whatever you call it, is forgiveness and maybe in fact knowing when to let go of something.

    the end of a relationship should never be out of anger and resentment but a forgiving realisation that both parties do nothing improve/complete the other.

    but this struck a chord, I'm often tempted to dilute my romantic ideas but NO LONGER!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh and I love all those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have been that person that has really only LOVED once.. i'm probably the first guy to admit it but trust me many many of the guys out there feel the same way they just don't say it coz it is not really a manly thing to say.
    i've loved her for forever but she cheated on me so i guess th relationship came to an inevitable end... anyway long story short i have looked for her in every girl i have tried or dared to date ever since her. all the times i failed to hook up with other girls it was because what i secretly really wanted was her..
    i don't want that for myself anymore so like what RR said it is about forgiveness. i need to realise that she does not in fact complete me or improve me and let go of the anger otherwise i can't move on with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally relate to what you are saying. I will give an example of myself. I was never scared to commit to a guy. I once fell "inlove" and it went totally wrong, and your right, things are bad for all guys who might be interested in me now,lol!!the ex just messed up my way of thinking. I honestly dont like love!!in terms of having a boyfriend of course. Its something that I do not look at anymore,and I will not look into it. Guys are a waste of time for me for now. I mean I can have them as friends no problem, but anything more I dont know. I agree with you when you say we have to look into our hearts, or look at ourselves on work on us first before going into a relationship. Personally I didnt do that, I think I never loved myself enough for me to be in that stupid relationship. And thank God it was not too late for me to change my mind set and make things work for me. I am working on myself now and I am really happy :)

    FROM CHAMPION
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. @village chicken lover.. i just hope that when we pick our favourite dish for the rest of our lives i just hope we can go for a more healthier option.. one that won't rot away our teeth but instead one that will keep us strong and happy.. i think it is okay to admire other dishes to sometimes even think u want them but for me what i have realised is that even if i try to change my dish i always go back to that one thing that i first loved so much. but it is true sometimes we are just greedy for sure.

    @RR i love the forgiveness thing.. TBH, forgiving really isn't as easy as it sounds but for me it was only after i forgave that i could honestly move on to other things..ones that improve and complete me =) took no less than a year for me to even find out that i in fact hadn't forgiven even when i was sure i did. denial and forgiveness are 2 very different things...

    @champion you really are a champion because i dont think i could have done what you did. sometimes we think we know ourselves but then if we know ourselves so much how can someone just come into our lives and derail us so easily.. lets start by loving ourselves please..

    thank you people

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spot on!!!!! Need i say more>? <3 <3
    i quote "we are not the reincarnation of braveheart"
    loves u!!
    lengi

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true...unfortunately we "girls" are so blinded by the illusion of love, and are more in love with the idea than the actual concept of it. Sometimes having that perfect little checklist of what we want our dream guy to be like may be a drawback, like the saying goes...too much good can be bad for you sometimes. So then theres the question..? do we go for the bad guy with most of the qualities but not all, and secretly hope you end up balancing eachother out, be it with the goods and the bads..? gosh, i give up!! boys...girls...love...it's all too complicated!! but either way..Love is a beautiful thing, however way we all choose to perceive it...and guys are just as complicated as girls..yes i said it!!.lol. neway lovely read this was..:) chibby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for encouraging people to simply just love and let the love in itself be. I think a lot of people assume that continuing to love someone, particularly when things are rough or that person is seemingly not loving you, makes the one who is doing the loving stupid or naive or foolish but one cannot objectify love. It simply is what it is. Our actions are up to us, sure. But our love, not so much. One loves whom they love.

    And like anonymous I beg to differ on boys being uncomplicated. Hehe. I have known boys that have made me think surely I know all possible psychological diseases. I think females all too often are stereotyped as being vindictive and intriguing but it can be just that way with men. Worse, with men I find that they have a great capacity to be "confused". And I can't stand this because I feel like too often our being "confused" as human beings is a cushion against having to face one thing or the other.

    I tell you all of us, we are mad,mad. *Sigh* Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol you were right when you said "decicions decisions" was good....I was thinking up my own little analysis but I then read all the comments above and now my train of thought is in a muddle! I've told you what I think ...but yes it did make laugh a bit!
    Abey

    ReplyDelete