Sunday 13 March 2011

Moments of need meets moment of Realisation.



An ancient Greek politician called Pericles once said,

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others

Part of the reason why man fears death is the undeniable fact that at some point we will be as though we never existed... as though our once meaningful presence on this earth just never were. Forgotten. perhaps if we are lucky enough to have inqusitive great great grand children we may find our names traced in some form of family tree. But that’s it. You will only be a name. ask yourself, what are the names of your great great great grandparents. Funny thing, its not even shameful to not know. Very few do. That’s life. so it is no wonder that most of us if not all light up at the prospects of leaving behind some form of legacy. Maybe it is why, deep down, or not so deep down, we all aspire to make something of ourselves, to be wealthy, to be successful, to be great. We all dream of a time when, even after we come to pass, our names are being echoed in the halls of history, our names being etched on stone and our quotes being googled. Don’t we all wish...

wish to be remembered.




I used to tell my mum ‘you wait mummy, they will be quoting me one day’ and of course she would laugh affectionately at her eager beaver daughter.
But that was then this is now.. Time has left that sentence severely altered. I used to be that person that was soo sure of what I wanted, where I wanted to go and how I was going to get there.. If there was a trophy for being sure I must have won it on several occasions. Yes, I had a ‘the plan’ ...but I will tell you this.. my life has become a testimony to that saying ‘if you want to make God laugh, make plans’ (or something like that anyway) because the path I thought I was going to be taking isn’t really the path I am on now but still I couldn’t be more happier.

I’m not looking to be the richest person to have ever died, i’m not looking to have the  fanciest house amongst those I was buried with. Neither am I looking for some poor little child to have to memorize some out of context words I once uttered for her history exams. I’m not looking for some vague, out of date, unfashionably clothed statue of myself to be erected in some random street, I’m not looking for my name to be written where it will one day fade at the hands of the element.i mean those are FAB and all but What I would really love is to have my name engraved in the heart of at least ONE person. Just one. For someone to genuinely smile with affection at the sound of my name... to think of me in a way that says, even though my face is forgotten, the feeling they associate with me is timeless. I want to change lives. Not even in the obviously big way but in that smalll, heart warming way you usually associate with family or friends.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal (Albert Pine)

I want to be immortal in that way. And somewhere out there is a place called Zambia, a place called HOME, is a place with 690,000 AIDS orphans presenting me with the opportunity to do just that. I want to give them more than just my money. I want to give them my heart. I want them to see my face as my heart breaks for them. I want them to be able to look me in the eye when I promise them hope, even for just a second.
When?

NOW is a better time than any..



awwww so kayutttteee!!!

For me... NOW is a charity called CONTESA (UK Registered charity number 1109311) with a need or needs that I can help meet. Its just people feeding children. Forgotten children... but still just children.
CLICK http://www.contesacharity.co.uk/




Those who know me, have heard me go on and on about a charity event I am putting up in Zambia, by the grace of God this July (Thanks V for the inspiration)
Charity ball. Fantastic food, Speaches from USAID, Miss Zambia UK, My daddy, other NGO reps,
Performances from Zambian artists, Cactus Agony, Every voice Counts children's choir and other artists.
Auction for Intercontinental getaways, first dances with prominant people, gadgets etc


           The world is full of needs.Whether we are ready to realise it or not there are needs in this world that go beyod what shoes to wear,what fashion trend to follow, what career path to take and what exam question to answer.None of these that i have listed are permanent, one day they shall come to pass. they are not permanent in nature.But suffering... suffering is guaranteed. Everyday that you wake up, for every moment that you are alive there is one form of suffering to another. suffering is a permanent need. its a consequence of the world we live in, a consequence of a man made mistake at a time immemorial. therefore what we do or do not do about it is permanent and shall one day be used to define us. Chances are,with so many needs, God has blessed you with a talent, any talent, some kind of talent or gift to help fulfill even just ONE of those needs..He has been whispering for however many years, just whispering for you to have the courage to use it. 

1 Timothy 4:14
                     ‘
do not neglect the gift which is in you [that special inward endowment] which was directly imparted to you [by the holy spirit].. Practice and cultivate these duties and throw yourself into them [as your ministry] so that your progress can be evident to everyone. Look well to yourself [to your own personality] and to your teaching and by so doing, you wil save both yourself and those who hear you

I always used to say when I’m done with school or this and that I want to do that or this. But it has taken me 21 whole years, 21 years of God whispering in my ear, of happiness of tragedy, of fear and finally bravery to finally get the point that what I think is my future is but a dream, if I'm lucky, a vague representation of the life I will actually get to live. I can barely promise myself a tomorrow who am I to promise myself 50, even 20 even 5 even ONE whole year from now. Now all I ask of God is that He may help me make my NOW count for something. That he may close the doors on everything that will make me unhappy (a.k.a a desk job) That He may give me the strength to find a way to do, today, what I have promised Him I will do when I am done with this and done with that. So many of us are international students, we are well aware of the sacrifices our parents are making to give us a really good education. But all I’m saying is in the midst of that. I pray you will ALL find a way to also find what makes you happy.

In so many ways I know God has given me the talent to restore hope, to encourage people... That is the core of my personality. So I am going to use that. In every way I can. In whatever way I can fulfill that I will and chances are I will be happy doing it because part of happiness is being true to what and who you truly are.


Please if you want to know more about the charity event don't hesitate to halaaa C.Mwila@warwick.ac.uk or catch me on facebook, twitter or whatever. if you want to make a contribution please feel free CLICK http://new.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/11520?search=67a462a8-ed76-4977-b45f-8418cbd3f8b2. just let me know when and how much.


The seconds passing as we breathe, that is life...what we do during those breaths.. THAT is living...
sometimes its good to ask yourself...
'How am i living?'


God Bless you beautiful people.



6 comments:

  1. :) proud sister i am an i want to be in the place when this event is goin on! xoxox
    JReed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO GLAD GOD ALLOW FOR ME TO MEET SLASH HAVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU N V IN MY LIFE....... #no lie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually had tears reading this....i am not too sure why..may be the headache or that because i know that you have the purest heart i knnow. i hope GOD makes this a success and those little sweethearts find love and comfort in your work. Bless you...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. JReed U know your room in our house is waiting for you. it will be a peasure to have you in our presence.
    Jo..same goes for me double...u know iiiittttttt... =]
    @V what encouraging and inspiring words. those little kiddies wont know what hit them (and I don't mean because of all the uncontrolable tears I shall surely cry) but i just want to show them that people do care and thanks to people like you i get to remember that that is what i have always wanted in the first place. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great blog! I`m so happy I found it! Here is so many inspirations and I love it! <3

    Have a nice time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic goods from you, man. Ive study your stuff ahead of and youre just as well amazing. I enjoy what youve got right here, adore what youre stating and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even now manage to help keep it wise. I cant wait to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.

      Delete