Sunday 28 November 2010

There are moments!

Kicking off the love week with THE BESTAEST special kind of love. FRIENDSHIP!!!


There are those moment in Life
When desert storms rage
When hell’s frosty winds blow
And when we’re left out in the cold

There are those moments in life
When life’s hale storms beat us down
When waves crush our spirits
And when tides sweep us away

There are those moments in life
When thorns pave our pathways
When mountains are Everests
And when tears stain our pillows

There are those moments in life
When pits are home
When our hearts howl in pain
And when they form nightly lullabies

There are those moments in life
When loneliness steps in when love walked out
When strife holds the hand
And happiness lets go

But these are but moments fleeting and trifling
The lasting moments are these...

There was a moment in my life when I met you...
When you opened your heart
When you cut it in half
Just to make mine a whole

There was a moment in my Life
When in sorrow I slept
When the darkness was cold
And when your smile was my warmth

There was a moment in my life
When when we skipped till we leapt
When our souls somewhere met
And when in that somewhere held

There was a moment in my Life
When we laughed till we wept
When you wept where it hurt
And when I wept because it hurt you

Only God KNOWS HOW FAR WE HAVE COME
GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH
ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO ME

You’re the colours in my favourite sunrise
You’re the quiet in my sunset
You’re the scent in my flower
You’re the splash in my waterfall

You’re the sparkle in my eyes
You’re the heart in my smile
You’re the clink in my step
You’re the melody in my song
and the song in my soul

You’re the harmony in my orchestra
You’re the equals in my equation
You’re the gold at the end of my rainbow
You’re the love in this poem
And the tune in my life
Mon joie de vivre

More simply where would I be without you

You’re beautiful, you’re courageous
You’re a fighter you’re compassionate
You’re selfless
You’re effortlessly a phenomenal woman
But most importantly to me you’re my best friend,

when i read this out loud i literally cried like a baby. there exist no love as pure and as beautiful as that of a friend.. even the passion in the world's greatest love story withers and dies. but the best friend you find in that person will last until the only thing you both have left to offer is a good conversation between friends. 

As you get older you learn to trade in the butterflies in your tummy and the pounding in your heart for something more lasting... the ability to want to be nothing else but yourself around that person. to be comfortable to not pretend to be something you're not. 


friends with benefits =]  .. or just friend...


learn to have and appreciate the friends in your life as much as you appreciate other relationships. They are the ones you ALWAYS fall back on because their love is unchanging....neglecting is just..... EWWWWW


mes amis je t'aime !!!

3 comments:

  1. J'adore toi!!!!!!! and you know it's my turn to weep...love it love it...am gonna get this to everyone...
    you write so beautifully..i hope to learn to express myself like this oneday...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very true. Appreciate our friends, they will always be there for us especially the true friends. I once forgot about all my friends when I was in a relationship with some guy. I refused to listen to what my friends told me about him and I ended up cutting them off yet they are the ones who wanted whats best for me.

    Today I am not with this guy anymore and they are here for me. To encourage me, to motivate me and to love me. I gave them a cold shoulder once upon a time but they are still here and now I know what friends are for and I cherish them the most.

    Tsanga we have been through this.
    i love you man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @khoti you know I am here to stay. we are sisters, just because i may not agree with you doesn't mean we stop being sisters. we all make mistakes in life, we lose friends and family but the best kind of friends are the ones that aren't truly lost, they just stay in the shadows and wait for you to need them. i didn't mind at all being in the shadows, i could have waited forever for you because we are family, the family we chose for ourselves... and so here we are once again, like nothing ever happened, happier than ever.. i love you morest.. =]

    past is always just that people.. the past

    ReplyDelete